ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Thursday, April 20, 2006

The hearts are a lovely touch, but somehow they still don't make me feel any better about this

I'm admittedly no MILF or anything. But I still fit into the occasional size 4, I don't ever leave the house without a touch of makeup and I have yet to succumb to the Mommy haircut. I'm holding it all together, thank you very much, though perhaps just barely so.

So then why do you suppose it is that my daughter, whose self portraits include such details as long flowing curly locks, persists in drawing me as some sort of matronly June Cleaver with a huge belly button?

10 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger jennster said...

all i heard was that you can wear a size 4 and then i started hating you. lOL

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Aw, but the picture is so cute! You should be thankful that at least you have hair. When M draws me, I am bald, yet she gives herself and Daddy appropriate hairstyles!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger chichimama said...

What IS the mommy haircut, and do I have it :-).

I think the picture is adorable. C's portraits of me include drooping boobs. I would pick the large belly button any day...

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous chelle said...

awwww ok that picture is adorable even if does not portray you as a super model, it does show how kind and loving you are...wait she will perfect her art!!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

I had to pause at the size 4, too. I think the hearts tell it all. Lotsa love! :-)

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Gretchen said...

Actually, I disagree; you ARE a MILF. (Well, not "I" personally, but you know what I mean.) Don't worry; she's drawing you as the archetypal Mom, which is really quite a tribute to you, when you think about it.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

But you're smiling and look at your arms all streched out for a big hug! Aww! So sweet.

(I'm pretending I didn't read the size 4 stuff. And while I may not have the mom haircut, I throw mine back into a pony every day, so what's the point...*sigh*...)

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I'm sure Paul would say that you definitely are a MILF. :) Sweet drawing.

And isn't the "mommy haircut" really the "Oh my, I need a haircut" look? If so, I've got it.

Have fun at the rainy beach this weekend!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

So, am I the only one who doesn't know what an MILF is??

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Lisa(lildaus) said...

Funny, I believe I just got my first 'mom haircut' (Grooooan! NOT by choice.... stupid 19 year old hairdresser!!! :()

BUT, I agree with everyone else.... :) Super drawing! :)

Kristy, it's 'a mother I'd like to....' Nice, hey? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home