ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

A domestic goddess I'm not

I've never been a big fan of the typical housewife duties -- cooking, cleaning and the like. I do what I need to do to justify my stay-at-home existence, but truthfully, my job is 98% mom and about 2% the other stuff.

I do spot clean between my cleaning woman's bi-weekly visits, of course, but apparently only when I have ulterior motives, as my daughter so kindly pointed out to me this week. She came downstairs and saw vaccum tracks on the carpet in the family room and asked me if I'd vaccumed the night before. I confirmed that I had and she looked at it for a moment, then said "looks nice. Who's coming over today?" 24 hours later as I type this, I still can't decide which is worse -- the fact that my 2 1/2 year old thinks I only clean for company or the fact that she's right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home