ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Mommy math

They didn't teach this stuff in any math class I ever took. Perhaps pregnancy, childbirth and child rearing were all I ever really needed to unlock my inner math genius, because it all seems so clear to me now...

IF

1 + 1 = 3 (or more!)

THEN

"what he has" > "what I have"

the last hour of the day = all 23 of the other hours combined

"what he has" = "what I want"

a + b + c + d = a great song to sing over and over until Mommy has a terrible headache

"what he has" = "what I NEED"

m + m = bribery at its best

"what he has" = "what I MUST have RIGHT NOW"

patience possessed < patience needed

love = infinite, despite all rational proof to the contrary

6 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

And this math geek just LOVES your math. I think you might find yourself a position at MIT with that one. Or, at least, at the chalkboard easel in your playroom...

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Another math geek chiming in. Love it!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

The polar opposite of a math geek checking in - but unlike my college trig. class, these equations make perfect sense to me. Too funny!

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, remember me? I'm the girl who reads you all the time but never manages to post a comment these days . . . . math is a lot like that at our house, too! Not to mention turning statistics on its head on a daily basis . . . what are the odds that with 500,000 toys in the house, two little boys invariably BOTH simultaneously must play with the same one, and will come to blows over it?

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Perfect! (says this wanna-be math geek)

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Just more examples of the universal nature of mathematics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home