ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Friday, January 06, 2006

Pop quiz

When you realize way too close to sunset that you have again forgotten to purchase Shabbat candles, how do you share this news with your far-more-devout-than-anticipated 4 year old?

A) THE "INNOCUOUS DECEPTION" APPROACH: Remember last week when our Shabbat candles looked suspiciously like purple votives? Well, today I got us green ones! Yes, of course I'm sure they're kosher.

B) THE "DISTRACTION" APPROACH: Let's do a really cool art project tonight and create our own Shabbat candles. (Pause to wait for "but I want to light REAL candles" wailing to begin) Here... have as much glitter glue as you want.

C) THE "OUT AND OUT LIE" APPROACH: Shabbat? What do you mean, it's time for Shabbat? Today is Wednesday.

Answer as soon as I figure out which way I'm going to go here...

2 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Hmmm... knowing how perceptive Julia is, I don't think that C would work. It's a toss-up between A and B. I'm leaning towards A on this one though ;) Hope that it worked out okay!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Dana said...

You are hilarious! Would love to know how it went. I suspect the glitter glue did the trick?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home