ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I can't stop thinking in 17-syllable thoughts now

The latest issue of BrainChild features a hilarious collection of "mamakus": haikus about motherhood. They stole the idea from AustinMama, so I'm feeling free to steal the idea from them. Here are a few of my humble offerings. Give it a try -- it's addictive!

Kids are napping well
I dare not make any sound
Guess I just won't flush

Never ending snot
Fifteen tissues every day
Will Spring ever come?

Don't you smile at me
What you did was NOT OK
(Damn -- can't hide my grin)

Little hand in mine
Little arms around my neck
Love you, my sweet boy

How many years left
Until I don't have to know
That you need to poop?

6 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Gina said...

How many years left
Until I don't have to know
That you need to poop?


For Julia? Not sure on that one. For Evan (once he's toilet trained), until the day you die! Why do men feel the need to share "I'm about to go take a dump?" Arrrrrrgh.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Oh, what the hell...I'll give it a go:

No really means no
Not maybe not oh, perhaps
You little urchin


Hmmm...what kind of day am *I* having? ;-)

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Oh, and just have to say...mighty fine educational pedigrees those Brain, Child editors have ;-)

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I've been bad at these since 7th grade! But for you? I'll try...

Sticky little hands
Making sticky tracks on me
Dry Clean Only? Ha!


Is punctuation considered cheating?? ;)

 
At 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, my mind is a blank. But:

Such noises you make
When you see bedtime approach!
How can I mute you?

See Laundry Mountain.
Too many socks and T shirts!
Mommy can't climb it.

Do not poke the dog
Or pretend he is a horse
Or sample his food.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Okay, I'll take a stab:

Life work balance beam
I think I'm falling off it
I think I'm failing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home