ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The 13 month shuffle

It was almost a step. It wasn't really enough of a step to count as the "first step," I don't think (not that I'm sure what such a thing would look like since Julia progressed to 3 or 4 steps within seconds of figuring out what to do with her feet). He just kind of moved his foot forward before he toppled over onto me. But it was the first time he's moved a foot. Usually, he just stands there for a while giggling and then lunges for me with his upper body, his feet planted on the floor so securely it's as if they were encased in concrete. Today, he actually moved a foot. (Just once, of course, and then we were back to the lunge.) It's not a milestone, not even a ministone. But it gives me a little hope that some day, some day (most likely not soon), the child will walk.

1 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

It's funny you should post this today. *Just* today I was thinking "I wonder how (the other) Evan is doing in the walking department."

See, you really do have folks thinking about you ;-)

Hoorah, Evan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home