ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Monday, April 18, 2005

In hindsight, I should have asked for a little liposuction while they were in there

Lying in bed after I got home today, I mentally composed a wickedly funny blog entry about the after-effects of anesthesia. Several hours later, with the stuff more fully out of my system, what little I remember of that post was completely incoherent and not in the slightest bit funny except in a "look at the stoned chick" kind of way. That's some strong stuff they had me smoke.

Things went fine this morning. The IUD is gone, my uterus is still here and I'm looking forward to putting this little adventure in birth control behind me. I'm also looking for a new method of birth control, I guess -- when I asked the nurse whether there would be any lasting effects to my fertility, she assured me that I could get pregnant in a few months and then laughed at the look of horror on my face. Despite the fact that I don't anticipate having any more children, I'm relieved to know that the option is still there. I want that to be a decision that comes from the fact that we feel like we have everything we could ever want, not one made for us by the fact that we no longer have everything we would need.

All's well that ends well. Thanks to those who were thinking of me today... it means a lot.

2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are okay! I can relate about the liposuction, although Ben assures me what I really want is a tummy tuck: "If you just get liposuction, your belly skin will just hang there where the fat used to be." (Thanks SO much for your input, buster.)

I wish you had done the stoned entry. I don't enjoy bloggers who chronically drink and post, but a "hard drugs" entry from a level-headed girl like you would have been high art (pun intended). Hugs to you, good friend.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Glad to hear you're ok. And, in your size 4 jeans, do you really think you need some liposuction?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home