ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Monday, October 31, 2005

Splish, splash, no one's taking a bath

I've never been a fan of the "I'm a Bad Mommy" routine. If you think enough about parenting to recognize the occasions where you've screwed up, you're not a bad parent. Period.

That said, if there was a "Bad Mommy (Who's Really a Good Mommy)" award and if in a fit of impetuousness I decided to enter myself in the running for it, do you think the fact that my son's hand is still sporting the ink hand stamp his Music Together teacher placed there three days ago would ensure me a win?

4 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Ensure you the win? nah...because I'd be right there with you. Baths are among the first things that "go" when I want to be a bad mommy. The end of the day makes them seem oh-so-optional as opposed to really necessary. Every day? no way. Every other day? my goal. But on bad days, we can skip it yet again.

P.S. I like your attitude about "bad mommy" syndrome. I've never really worded it that way, but I guess that's how I feel, too. Guess that makes us "slackers" if not bad mommys, huh?

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Steph said...

I am totally right there with you, too. Back when I was the parent of one child, bathing her daily seemed like the right thing to do. Then, #2 came along and well, bathing two kids daily, not gonna happen. I shoot for every other day, which does not happen all the time either.

I like your take on the "bad mommy" syndrome too... I've been in a bad mommy slump lately and fighting to pull myself out of that slump. sigh.

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone, at least in the bathing department.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Suburban Hippie said...

Oh, we're having Confession, are we? And you're not even Catholic. Okay, I will tell you that some mornings I have frantically scrubbed ink drawings lovingly rendered by the day care lady off the back of my sons' hands before driving them over there because "Oh my God, she is going to think I never bathe you!"

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger gkgirl said...

you might not get an award for it
but i bet you would something
even better
which is the commiseration (sp..hehe)
and understanding from other parents
considering we have allll been there
and felt like that
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home