ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Monday, October 17, 2005

Note to Evan

I know that you find it endlessly fascinating to hear dogs bark. Comment incessantly on dogs and the noises they make if you must... as your attentive, supportive mother, I will be there to croon "yes, a dog says woof" 3 gazillion times if need be. But developing a barking cough that lands us in a steam filled bathroom in the middle of the night while you struggle to get a breath? That's taking the dog obsession a bit too far, my croupy son.

4 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, nasty. I hate croup. I hope he will be okay soon, and that you will get sleep. And what is it about toddler tenacity? A couple of weekends ago, when Ben and Sam had gone off somewhere, Matt led me, with Julia in my arms, all around the neighborhood because, as he said over and over, he had to "find Stimpy." We never did find him, either.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Awww...Kisses to Evan. I'm sorry he's icky.

(Sneaking on a weak, limpy, gimpy computer -- mine, though I don't recognize it -- just to say "hi"...)

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Poor little guy. Croup is so horrible. Iain gets it every winter but the bout seems to get milder every year. Or maybe I'm just used to it now? Hugs to Evan, hope he's feeling better soon.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Steph said...

I hope that he feels better soon! I can totally relate, as M has a nasty, nasty cough now, which she gets every time she's sick. I have a pretty good suspicion that hers is asthma though... off to the allergist tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home