ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

File this one under "things I never thought I'd do" and cross-reference "crazy"

I've done many things in preparation for our trip to Arizona to visit Paul's mother, sister, brother in law and 4 nieces next week. I've booked our flights, reserved a minivan with carseats, found a place that rents cribs and booster seats, identified fun kid activities in the surrounding areas, purchased plane diversions for the kids and fervently prayed that weather or child illness or some other act of God will save me from taking this trip. (So far, everything's come together nicely except the last item on my list, but we're not leaving until next Thursday, so there's still time for some unexpected disaster to save me from flying cross country with a very vocal toddler who refuses to remain in one place for longer than 28 seconds.)

Never let it be said I'm not one to plan ahead, and so today, my friend Froogle and I found the final item I needed to order before our trip. And as I pushed the button to confirm my willingness to pay $7.15 in shipping costs alone to ship the only brand of soy milk my children will deign to drink, I knew I'd gone over the deep end from prepared person to crazy mom. I'm quite certain my inlaws will think me certifiable when this package arrives before us (please, dear God, let this package arrive before us as scheduled). But without soy milk -- and not just any soy milk, but the kind that comes in the red box, thank you very much -- my children will throw tantrums the likes of which their extended family has never seen. I've spent $1,307.66 on airfare, $363.14 on the minivan, $66 on rentals and another $100 or so on VideoNow Jr. players and disks, all for a long weekend at my sister in law's house. What's $21.73 for 3 boxes of Westsoy Plus Plain soy milk? Just the cost of my sanity, that's all.

3 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Uh. Crazy. And, I'm only guessing, totally justifiable. Or, certifiable, depending on how you look at it.

Have a great trip!

Soy milk?

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Steph said...

On first glance, yep, definitely sounds crazy. But, from a mom's point of view, I can totally see where you're coming from. Have fun!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Have a great time! Hmm, could you Froogle up some valium for the plane trip? And I'm not condoning giving drugs to kids. I'm thinking of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home