ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Monday, September 19, 2005

A little apology (or two)

To the dozens of visitors who come to this page each week after Googling things like "Mirena cramping" and "Mirena strings missing" and "Mirena surgical removal," I do apologize for scaring you half to death. Statistically, my experience was quite rare and likely will not happen to you.

I must say, however, that there sure do seem to be a lot of you searching for information on Mirenas gone bad. More of you, even, than there are perverts looking to get off on the details of my daughter's elimination training. It kind of makes me wonder about the accuracy of those side effect statistics a little bit. I think I'm glad to have bid my Mirena adieu, icky side effects and surgical drama nonwithstanding.

(And to those of you "regulars" around here who are now squirming awkwardly in your chairs, I'm sorry to have shared this with you. Don't worry... I'm sure all of your Mirenas are just fine.)

1 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger chichimama said...

Yeah, you say that now :-). I feel like I failed as a guinea pig...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home