ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

He aint heavy, he's my brother

So, uh, hi there. Welcome to my blog. I don't know if I'm supposed to be acknowledging you or waiting for you to mention this to me, but I see you there on my stat counter, and there just aint that many eBay employees who would Google Sunapee Arts Camp, land here and spend the next 2 hours and 47 minutes surfing my archives.

I guess I figured someone would find me sooner or later. The Internet, it just aint as big a place as everyone thinks it is, and I haven't exactly made much effort to hide who I am. I've never set out to conceal the fact that I've been blogging per se, it's just not the kind of thing that often comes up in casual conversation.

Keep reading, come back whenever, it's all good. But, uh, don't tell Nana I've been making fun of her housecoats on the Internet, OK?

5 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny - I was just sending you this long e-mail about how I discovered your blog....and then you discovered me discovering your blog before I could finish the e-mail. The funniest part is that I only scanned the page at the beginning. I noted that the person who wrote the blog went to SAC and seemed to have a son named Evan. I thought that was rather similar to you - it wasn't till I saw the heading about Eriksson’s Ice Cream that that I realized the blogger was my sister. Once it was clear who wrote the blog, brotherly snooping took over. The most interesting thing here is that living 3000 miles away, the two hours spent reading you blog gave more insight into my nice and nephew’s personalities and your relationships with them, then I ever would have imagined. It tells me that perhaps we should make more of an effort to keep in touch.

“On the internet no one knows you’re a Dog”. So much for anonymity.

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so, when dan told me he found your blog at lunch this afternoon, i had to look too. i don't want to be left out! what the heck is a ministrone or whatever kind of funky thing you had surgery on? you know, i don't want to know...
by the way, i like julia's new shoes. i have a brown pair myself, but i would have bought pink if i could have. but we know that i have no fashion sense. i almost bought her a pair of sparkly pink converse allstars the other day. glad i didn't.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Kristy said...

Being outed by my brother-in-law's drinking buddy is in no way like being outed by your own brother. But, of course, now that I don't have my stat counter, I have NO IDEA if I've been outed by any family member or not...hmmm, I might just have to reconsider my decision.

Dan, be nice to her...don't say anything to her about this blog that might make her self-censor -- she's got a great thing going!

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I'm not related to anyone here, but I kind of wish I were. I love that your brother found your blog and read it for two hours to find out more about his niece and nephew. Too funny. It would make a great Dr. Phil segment. I would SO watch.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Now, THIS is getting interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home