ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Monday, September 26, 2005

Baby, you and me got a geeky kind of love

This weekend, Paul surprised me with a little program that he'd written. His nifty new tool extracts all of my blog entries (even the comments!) and stores them offline for safekeeping. "It just occurred to me that you've got so much here now, and it would be terrible if it ever got lost," he told me. And in less than a minute, his program did what I've been meaning to get around to for months now, in a far more organized way than I ever would have done it.

Flowers and wining and dining and romantic moments that involve gazing into each other's eyes? All lovely ideas. But the reality of a man who understands what matters to me and uses his talents to safeguard it? That's a man I'll love forever. Thanks, hon. The program's nifty. But the fact that you saw the need for it without my ever saying a word? That's the best part of all.

5 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Yeah, yeah...nice love thing you got going on. Are you willing to share? The program, that is, not the love.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Steph said...

I've been meaning to do the same thing and haven't gotten around to it either. Wanna share? You can save me the trouble of writing a program of my own ;)

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that was the first thing I thought: "Who do I have to sleep with to get a blog saver program?" Assuming it's Paul, I'm sure you will be a good friend and do it for me.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Dana said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Sorry, that was me that deleted the comment above. You are one lucky gal. And um, i'd be interested. In the program.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home