ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Resolutions

"How can it be Rosh Hashanah," Julia asked me yesterday as we were driving up to my parents' house to celebrate the holiday. "That's supposed to be the holiday to celebrate the new year, and it's nowhere near January 1st yet." For the record, "because the rabbis say so" turned out to be a good twist on the old "because I say so" standby. It left me feeling equally guilty that I hadn't really answered her question, but it shut her up nicely. I guess the rabbis hold more weight than Mommy. I may have to trot them out more often.

We brought Julia to the family service yesterday afternoon and she took the rabbi's sermon about resolving to become a better person quite seriously. She was anxious to come up with her own resolutions, and my suggestion (be nicer to your brother, share your toys and other silly "mom" ideas) were dismissed outright in favor of her own list. In no particular order, here's what she resolves to do in the coming year:

  • Paint more pictures
  • Watch more television
  • Go to lots of birthday parties
  • Replace the batteries in toys that stop working

On the up side, I imagine she has a better shot at keeping her resolutions than most folks do...

3 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger gkgirl said...

heh
maybe more of us adults
should plan for
resolutions
closer in tune
to julia...
maybe shes onto something
:)

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now those are life-affirming resolutions, resolutions worth keeping. Good for Julia.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Great resolutions! We should all take a page from Julia (as per usual!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home