ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Who am I to question such a marvelous turn of events?

For the second day in a row, my newly-4 year old is napping.

Julia received a stuffed elephant holding a huge pink fleece blanket as a birthday gift from her best friend yesterday. Apparently, she laid down to snuggle with these new favorite items during quiet time yesterday and that is how she came to fall asleep. She slept happily and soundly with them again last night and announced this morning that she could not wait for nap time so that they could all snuggle up together and sleep again. Sure enough, come 2:00 today, she could not lie down with them fast enough. I have not heard a peep from her since.

Uh... OK.

I have not yet discounted the fact that she could be getting sick, particularly since there is apparently an odd stomach thing going around town. But when awake, Julia seems perfectly healthy and happy. She simply wants to snuggle her new lovies. And sleep. A lot.

This may possibly be the best gift anyone has ever given me... er, I mean her. So far, 4 is off to a hell of a start.

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Wow - good for you! I mean, her! ;) So, uh, where can I get one of those elephants??

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Go buy stock in that elephant company! And here's hoping the elephant's charm does NOT wear off any time soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home