ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Thursday, May 04, 2006

If I had a point, I lost it somewhere in the ear piercing screams of protest echoing through my house

My son is up in his room screaming his bloody head off right now. Evan is religious about his daily nap... 2 to 3 hours of sleep an afternoon with nary a whimper of complaint. He's even prone to suggest nap time himself if I don't initiate it promptly enough for his liking. But not today. For reasons which are not entirely clear to me (but which I suspect have something to do with my laundry list of plans for nap time and a certain man named Mr. Murphy), he has decided that sleep is not in his game plan for today. Unfortunately, he is so incoherently tired that there is no way that he is going to make it until bedtime without a nap. And so we are engaged in an extreme battle of wills, the kind that makes me feel like the world's most conscientious mother and a poster child for abusive parenting all at the same time. No matter who eventually wins this battle, we are both going to be tired and cranky for the rest of the day.

It is so very, very much Thursday around here.

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Ugh. Nap refusal is the pits. I hope that he eventually acquiesced, and that you were able to get some things done.

On the upside, at least tomorrow is Friday :)

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

Ugh. And YAY for Friday :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home