ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Monday, March 28, 2005

Weather and illness -- the 2 most boring blog topics on earth

I'm embarking on a new "find that silver lining" approach to life today. And therefore, I can happily report that we have all been saved the trouble of venturing out in the wettest, lousiest weather I've seen in weeks by Julia's eight millionth bout with Random Viral Illness. Yes, she's sick and all, and that sucks. Yes, my kids run scarily high fevers when they're sick and that sucks. Yes, I've wiped her nose and washed my hands so many times today that my fingers are cracked and bleeding and that sucks. But I didn't have to put on any raincoats on any squirming children today. I didn't have to try to carry an antsy toddler, hold hands with an unpredictable preschooler and balance an umbrella all at once. I didn't have to scramble to dry off the ceramic tile floor before someone dripped and someone slipped. We're all warm and cozy and snuggled up on the couch watching Finding Nemo because that's what you do when you're sick. Not such a bad deal, really. There's something to be said for looking on the bright side on a dark day. ..

...but if she's still sick tomorrow when it's beautifully warm and sunny out, I'm going to have a few choice words about Random Viral Illness Number Eight Million.

2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Steph said...

Good for you! Definitely something to be said for finding the silver lining.

We, on the other hand, got to venture out in the nastiness to get M's cast put on :( Also, got to do that balancing act with the 2 kids and 1 dog, to get the dog's stitches removed. At least it's nice out today...

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Steph said...

One more thing... I hope that Julia is feeling all better today!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home