ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Sunday, April 24, 2005

And you shall tell your children and your children's children

Julia got about 2/3 of the way through the Four Questions at our Passover seder last night before she needed me to take over. She did have me sing along with her, but her voice was loud and clear and proud, even in front of a room full of people. I don't know how many other 3 year olds were reciting the Four Questions at their seder tables last night, but I was pretty damn proud of mine, and especially proud of the fact that she did it not in English, but in Hebrew.

Raising Jewish children in an interfaith family isn't always easy, but last night made the effort worth it.

1 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Steph said...

WOW! Way to go, Julia! Michelle *might* be ready for the Four Questions next year. She was very enamored by our two nights of seders though, and truly enjoyed the holiday. However, I'm not too surprised that the search for the afikmoen (and the gifts that came afterwards) were the highlight of her nights!

Actually, I'm a little glad that she doesn't totally get the holiday yet... saves me from totally "keeping" Passover and eating nothing but matzah for a week! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home