ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Monday, May 23, 2005

Homecoming

I get more sleep at home than I did on vacation, thanks to some late nights and a clueless husband (not mine) who called our room at 6:45 a.m. on Saturday to ask how to make coffee. ("And did you know Barney's not on TV on Saturday mornings?" the foolish man apparently continued after being lambasted for not knowing how to push an "on" button. "What are the kids supposed to watch?") Nonetheless, I had a wonderfully enjoyable, relaxing weekend.

The place we stayed had more than a few kinks to work out, but we were too happy to be away to let them get to us too much. The issues we encountered just gave us something to laugh about and a free night's stay when we complained. The spa was to die for, the food in a nearby town quite good and the company unparalleled. I got a sunburn on the beach, indulged my burning need to know how Angelina stole Brad away from Jen and wore dry clean-only clothing. Life was good. And when I got home on Sunday, I was delighted to be reunited with my children, my husband and my deluxe coffee machine which actually makes a decent cup of Joe. I had missed them all -- but not necessarily in that order.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Suburban Hippie said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time. I hate the spa experience, but that just proves I'm a freak; most women I know would give their left ovary for a weekend like that without the husband and kids. So you were way the heck up north there! We were always Long Beach Island habitues. Missed you, and I'm sure you were happy to see the kids again and they to see you.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Somehow in the fuss of my week last week, I missed that you were headed out of town. I'm happy to hear you had a great time.

For me, the coffee would top the list of things I'd miss. Hands down.

So, when's the next girls weekend? Make sure it's booked SOON.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home