ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Thursday, May 12, 2005

How many words can you make with the letters I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T -O-U-T-A-G-E?

I'm trying to post this quickly before my cable modem goes kaflouie again. I've been offline more than online this week, as have most of my local friends, yet Comcast swears up and down that there have been no outages in my area. Could've fooled me.

On the up side, ... Nah, forget it. There is no up side. Not having access to the net is making me certifiably crazy. Only a person cut off from the civilized world would be reduced to playing word games while sitting on hold with Comcast indefinitely. So far, I've found a few dozen words, but OUTRAGE is really the only one worth mentioning...

4 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are few things more maddening than contacting your Internet provider when your Internet is down. My bill is paperless and I haven't cracked open a phone book in years, so how the heck am I supposed to get their number to call and tell them my Internet is down when MY INTERNET IS DOWN? Glad to hear from you even if just a blip, and a pox upon Comcast anyway. I only have them for digital cable TV, but I have the same conversation with them everytime I have a service outage. "There is no outage. There has only been a brief temporary service interruption in your area."

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I so know how you feel! It wasn't coincidental that I chose to rebuild my machine on the same day my husband took his spare laptop back to work after having left it to me for the better part of two weeks ;-)

MUST. HAVE. INTERNET. SERVICE.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comcast is the Devil. I'm so sorry.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Steph said...

We've got them for internet and cable too... and we've got our phone service over the internet, so when we're down, we're *really* down. I feel your pain. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home