ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Insult, meet injury

Julia is not napping for the 3rd day in a row. She is in her room making noises that sound decidedly unrestful, and if the past 2 days are any indication, she should be a holy melted terror by 6:00 this evening.

As if that wasn't bad enough all by itself, our cable modem has been out virtually all day. No Internet for me today, except in tiny little useless doses (one of which will hopefully enable me to actually post this entry).

I realize there are wars to worry about and terrible social injustices throughout the world and starving children in whichever country it's in vogue to cite these days. And really, those are far more pressing problems in the grand scheme of things. But in my totally myopic self-absorbed world, today pretty much constitutes a worst case scenario. Not THE worst case, but definitely A worst case.

Is it bedtime yet?

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering why your blog seemed to be down today! A cranky child AND an Internet outage? Forget the British elections -- those are issues of international scale. Certainly, I was unable to get my Ministones fix this morning, so you see there's a ripple effect.

You, my friend, are entitled to a Cinco de Mayo cocktail. Here, have another. Have mine, too; I won't be needing them. Sending sleepy, cheerful thoughts to Julia, and a virtual mango margarita to her Mommy.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Steph said...

Even with the past month and a half that I've had, I can still feel for you.

If Julia is on her way to completely dropping her nap, from someone who's been there with a 3 year old... it *will* get better. Michelle still has her days where she is a terror and majorly cranky by dinner time, but for the most part, she is pretty much over that. On the positive side (yes, there is one), you'll get more one on one time with her while Evan is napping.

As for the cable modem, I am completely lost without mine and can empathize completely with you on that one too. Put the two together and definitely not a good day ;-)

I hope that your connections to the internet are better today and that she takes a nap for you! Mine is upstairs dragging stuff around the kitchen floor at the moment, so I've got to run and see what that's all about!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home