ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Too close for comfort?

It goes without saying that we are enormously fortunate to have in each other the kind of friends who are truly family. That she and I were roommates before we were married and so were our husbands is a fun coincidence. That we have equally strong friendships with each other's spouses is a rare gift. That our kids are just as close as we are is just plain lucky. We're blessed and we know it. Countless daily phone calls and weekend get-togethers and "family" holidays and times when we lend each other a hand remind us how much richer our lives are because of each other.

But when I receive in my mailbox an advertisement addressed to a hybrid person -- someone with her first name and middle initial and my last name and address? That, I have to say, is a little too incestuous even for us. Sorry, my friend... I'm keeping the coupon for myself.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger chichimama said...

What pray tell was the coupon for???? And a bit confused.

My mom gets hybrid mailings all the time as I often have holiday gifts shipped to her under assumed names so she doesn't open them by mistake.

But I don't remember ever having anything shipped to your house...although I admit my memory is faulty and it is possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home