ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ten things I never thought I'd say to my children (all of which have come out of my mouth in the past 12 hours)

1. I do not want to hear you say another word. Ever.

2. No, you DON'T need to go potty again.

3. What do you say?

4. If you're going to keep crying and whining, please go do it in the other room.

5. Let's eat dinner outside tonight! (Yes, I know that this one sounds good. Trust me when I tell you that what followed wasn't.)

6. Use your words.

7. I will give you candy if you finish your dinner.

8. If you ask me again, there will be serious consequences.

9. Please stop. Mommy just... can't.

10. Because I'm the grownup, that's why.

6 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I say many - er, most - of those on a regular basis. Comes with the territory...or the title? ;)

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Lisa(lildaus) said...

Oh, how # 6 makes me cringe!!! The rest, I have sais multiple times, though.... :)

Hope today was a better one!!!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

And I thought I was the only mom who used #9.

I hope yesterday was a bit better, and that you get some time to yourself this weekend :)

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

check. check. and check. Ministones is mini-solidarity today.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

"Please stop. Mommy just... can't."

Had to LOL... thought I was the only one who said that!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Yeah, me too. I've said most of these many times over, I must admit. Hope that Paul's return brought back some of your sanity and that you got a break or two over the weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home