ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Using the blog as a baby book again

Since I can't remember what I did yesterday, let alone what my kids were doing last week, last month or last year at this time, I figured I should take a moment to remember Evan as he is right now, just after turning 1.

What he's doing:
crawling, pulling up, cruising, climbing stairs, walking with a push toy or an adult's hands
standing independently for 5-15 seconds and working hard to improve this skill
nowhere near close to walking, as far as I can tell -- still unsteady and unsure on his feet

What he's saying:
Mama
Dada
Cat ("AT!")
Hi
Banana ("nana")
Achoo ("Aaa... DO!")
All done (this one I'm unsure of, but it sure sounds like "all done," and he's using it at the end of a meal, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt)

What he loves:
music
Sesame Street (especially Elmo)
throwing toys and chasing them down
eating the cat food (strange child)
copying Julia
the spotlight

What he hates:
his winter coat
getting strapped into the car
playing independently when Mommy & Daddy are getting ready in the morning (odd, since he's great on his own the rest of the day)
having his face wiped after meals

Favorite toys:
Julia's tea set (mainly for the sound it makes when tossed on the tile floor)
balls
shape sorters
Little People circus train

Favorite books:
Goodnight Moon
Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?
Elmo's Balls Book (lift the flaps)

Favorite foods:
peas
scrambled egg yolks with cheese (hates the whites)
yogurt
french toast
banana

In re-reading these lists, I'm realizing I've probably described about half of the 1-year-olds in America right now. So much for my unique child. Someone ought to publish a baby book with generic answers already filled in for those of us Mommies who are too lazy to keep our own. It's not like any of us -- or our children -- will remember enough to contradict what's written in the book anyway...


1 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Elmo's Balls. *That* one will come back to haunt him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home