ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

In which my daughter and I play the same game on entirely different levels

"Look, Mom... my dress up doll is going to a costume party!"

"She looks great. What's she dressed up as?"

"A princess. She's Cinderella."

"How hip of Cinderella to recognize that jeans are appropriate evening wear these days."

"Yeah. She's not wearing any shoes, though."

"Wow, Cinderella's got an unexpected bohemian side, huh?"

"Uh huh. This one's going to go as Cinderella, too. Would sweats be appropriate?"

"Why not? Princesses set the trends, after all."

"They have to ride the elevator to get to the party, so this microwave is going to be the elevator."

"Wow. That's going to be one hot party."

It's kind of sad the lengths I'll go to in order to entertain myself along with my 3 year old, but at least we're both having fun...

2 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Suburban Hippie said...

You should have seen Ben and Sam playing action figures the other day -- I came upon them using a plastic flowerpot as a toilet, and He-Man and one of the Orcs from Lord of the Rings were taking turns pooping in the potty, with appropriate grunting and flatulent sound effects. Turns out Ben, not Sam, started that game. Bohemian Cinderella sounds enchanting by comparison; I can't wait to play that with my daughter.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I'm just fearful that all of the sudden one day Zoe (or Evan) is going to come out with something that is as caustically sarcastic as what I've been saying "all along" -- and actually mean it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home