ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Way to get yourself written into the will, kiddo

"Evan, do you want to say hello to Grandma?"

"Yeah."

"Hi, Evan. I'm sending you kisses over the phone. Mwah. Mwah."

"Can you send Grandma a kiss?"

"Mwah."

"Good job. Do you have anything else you want to say to Grandma?"

"Yeah."

"OK, go ahead."

"I love you."

"Did you hear that???"

"Oh my God, clear as a bell. Has he ever said that before?"

"Nope. You're the first. 18 months I've waited for a clear 'I love you' and you got it."

"I love you, too, Evan. I'm so excited!"

"I did a good job."

"Oh my God... did you hear THAT?!"

"I did! I did! I'm so excited. I have to go now. I have to go tell everyone I know that my 18 month old grandson just told me he loves me. First."

"Say bye bye, Evan."

"No. No, no, no, no, no."

"Goodbye, Evan! I love you!"

"No. No, no, no, no, no."

My mother is going to be dining out on this one for months...

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How COOL for her! Yes, I know it probably broke your heart a little bit that you didn't get the first one, but she will be walking on air for weeks to come -- and you know how these kids are always disappointing their mothers, anyway. Like the way they always come out with "dada" before "mama"!

Yes, and also I agree: Way to set yourself up for a life as a trust fund baby, Evan.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Lisa(lildaus) said...

Way to think AHEAD, Evan!!!!!

Those second born kids don't always get the 'good stuff', but HE sure will!! :) :) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home