ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

(Almost) always look on the bright side of life

A decent night's sleep and a little perspective leave me duty bound to include the following addendum to yesterday's entry:

I did get a really wonderful weekend away with Paul.

I don't have to cook dinner all week while he's gone. Give me a bowl of cereal and I'm good.

My new kitchen is beautiful, even when wet.

My current lack of a cell phone and the resulting silence is a little bit freeing, really.

Yes, plenty to look up about. I've got nothing on the bathroom odor, though. There's a life lesson to be learned here, I guess. Some things? Some things just stink.

3 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Sooo jealous of the weekend away. I haven't had one of those since before Michelle was born and won't for quite a while. No end in sight to breastfeeding, which I'm good with.

Sorry to hear about the horrible day yesterday, but glad to see the positive side of it today :) Enjoy your cooking-free week, and good luck getting those leaks and odors dealt with!!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Glad to hear things got better...something must be in the water -- it hit my house today! And, ahem, pictures of htat kitchen??!!

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, didn't I once get that Monty Python song stuck in your head with a blog entry? Today was your day to return the favor. Cereal for dinner rocks -- I have it sometimes even when Ben cooks for himself and the boys. You haven't lived until you've seen an attorney standing in a kitchen surrounded by dinner pots and pans wailing "I don't know why I bother!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home