ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Friday, January 20, 2006

Gimme four

Jennifer was kind enough to rescue me from coming up with something to blog about today by tagging me for the fours meme. I'm never sure if I think memes are fabulous or silly, but since I had nothing much to say today (other than to report that Evan's 0 for 3 on the "produce something after demanding to sit on the potty" thing today and I'm going with "fluke" rather than "potty ready"), I think this one sounds like a pretty good idea at the moment. Here goes...

Four Jobs You've Had

1. telemarketing for a home remodeling business (I was scarily good at convincing people that they needed quotes for roofing, re-siding and other renovations)
2. working the beer tent in the Carrier Dome (not the best job to try to do when you're hung over)
3. blowing up balloons in a party store
4. marcom manager for an internet startup during the dot com heyday


Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over

1. Stand By Me
2. When Harry Met Sally
3. Rain Man
4. Fletch


Four Places You've Lived

1. Parma, OH (thanks, Mom, for outing me on that one)
2. Acton, MA
3. Hoboken, NJ
4. Syracuse, NY


Four TV Shows You Love to Watch

1. Grey's Anatomy
2. House
3. The Bachelor (I know, I know...)
4. The Amazing Race


Four of Your Favorite Books

Strangely enough, despite being a voracious reader, I'm having trouble answering this one. I go through an astounding number of books in a year and quite a few touch me. But virtually none stay with me for very long after I've finished them. If people bring up a book, I'll often remember my impressions and occasionally even some of the storyline. But in terms of retaining favorites? I find myself honestly unable to think of a single one. I wonder what this says about the way I read (or the value of the hours I put into reading)?


Four Places You've Been on Vacation

1. Istanbul
2. Nantucket
3. Israel
4. St. Thomas


Four Websites You Visit Daily

1. eBay (I'm a junkie)
2. Bloglines (gotta keep up with my blog reading)
3. Yahoo Mail (too cheap to pay for a real email account)
4. Parents Place (I'm an unabashed lurker)


Four of Your Favorite Foods

1. pizza
2. chocolate
3. avocado
4. is red wine a food?


Four Places You'd Rather be Right Now

1. lying on a beach
2. lying on a massage table
3. lying on a cruise ship lounge chair
4. lying in my bed


Four Bloggers You Are Tagging

Has anyone not done this meme already? I feel like I've seen it pretty much everywhere. If by chance it's passed you by, tag... you're it!

1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Memes are fabulous and silly. But everyone has to throw a little kitsch in now and then, don't you think? And if you hadn't done this, I would have forgotten how much I love the movie Fletch (!) and I would never have known you were a fellow Amazing Race watcher. (I so want to be on The Amazing Race.) You're killing me with no favorite books though - I'd love to add some new "must reads" to my list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home