ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Validation

"This is called Molluscum Contagiusum. It's a viral rash and should eventually clear up on its own, but it can take up to a year for it to fully go away. If the bumps don't bother her, you can leave them alone, but if you don't like the look of them or if they're getting irritated, they can easily be removed by a dermatologist."

"Yeah, that's exactly what Dr. Google told me you would say."

6 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol thank goodness for dr google!!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger chichimama said...

Oh, my sister had those. I spent hours in a dermatologist's office listening to her scream as they froze them off. Shudder. Shudder. And my mom wonders where my hypochondria comes from.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

My son had that when he was in preschool. It was mostly on his neck and not very visable, so we just left it alone. It did take a long time to go away, but it did go away on its own.

I'm sure that's not much comfort, but it's a very common thing for little people to have, so if you decide not to get it removed it shouldn't be a big deal.

BTW... love your blog!

 
At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! So that's what those little things are all over my son's upper arms! (Fiona)

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

Ugh. I'm so sorry she (I'm assuming it's Julia) came down with this. Here's hoping it clears up soon!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Steph said...

That doesn't sound like fun. Hugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home