ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Spring has spring, the grass has riz, I wonder where my money is

All of last year's short sleeved shirts are too small. Ditto the capris, the clamdiggers, the shorts, and the dresses. It's not even worth trying on last year's sneakers and sandals.

Are the trees in bloom? I hadn't noticed. I'm too busy embarking on an annual spending spree which simultaneously delights and horrifies me. Green is the color of spring, all right. But the green of my spring is made not by nature but by the U.S. Mint.

5 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I am right there with you. At least I can use all of Evan's old stuff for Harry but Evan has to get all new stuff for the upcoming warm season. I secretly love it too but my husband is horrified at the money and I have barely begun.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Steph said...

This is why I have slowly been purchasing a new shirt here and a new pair of shorts there over the past couple of months.

I'm just glad that J is bigger for her age than M was and J will be able to basically be completely outfitted in what M wore at 2-1/2! I will, however, admit to buying a few new things for her too ;-)

I'm completely unprepared on the shoe front though!

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things here kinda stay the same, just get hotter, so we are ok till the next growth spurt...

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

Oh, yeah. Spring clothes much too small. Now, where's that Lands' End catalogue I had lying around here somewhere?

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm still daunted by the prospect of having to buy new clothes for each child each season! I knew kids grow and all, but so quickly? Yikes.

On the other hand, I can live vicariously through my kids' new wardrobes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home