ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Friday, March 17, 2006

It's as good a reason as any, maybe better than most

I've come up with a few borderline absurd reasons not to procreate again over the past few years, but I finally have a real one.

Evan has finally decided that he wants to eat his pizza by the slice like a big kid, which means that I no longer have to cut pieces of pizza into dozens of little bites before I serve them to either of my children. This may sound inconsequential, but trust me... given the number of times a month that pizza is served around here, it is no small thing.

My family is complete.

7 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I've had moments like that, a relatively "empty" trunk for last weekend's trip among them. Somehow, I'm still not able to make the final proclamation. Glad you can!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Steph said...

That is definitely not a small thing. We eat pizza many, many times a month here too and I so look forward to the day of not having to pre-cut their slices.

Congratulations :)

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, can you teach Ben then? He still cuts SAM's pizza into tiny bits, for God's sake. I keep telling him "Honey, they have teeth, you know." That is how protective he is of his loved ones.

I know what you mean about being done. Julia is crawling. I was SO done with having to go over the floor with a microscope for choking hazards before putting the baby down to play -- or so I thought!

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww...I think that is a good reason...I am not ready yet, we just have one...one more oh please just one more!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I am still not sure if I am done or not. I love my two boys and my family feels complete but I still would love to have a girl so I don't know. I am glad that you can make that decision.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

We knew we were done the minute that last hpt came up + ! :) There is no one reason, of course, but sometimes, something just clicks and there's a YES, WE ARE DONE in something as small - or big! - as pizza cutting. Pizza cutting, fruit peeling, no-crust-please, that doesn't have onions in it does it... (*grin*)

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

I'm not sure we're done yet, but I am looking forward to Liam being able to handle whole slices of pizza. We just got the stage where he'll eat grilled cheese sandwiches cut into four triangles. YAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home