ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Writer's block

A dashboard littered with drafts so boring and unimpressive that even I, their author, can not bring myself to complete -- or even so much as re-read -- them.

A dramatic decrease in my email response turn-around time and an equally dramatic increase in my chore output level as I try to avoid the empty draft screen that mocks me.

A series of false starts and failed attempts that smacks suspiciously of desperation. Is this funny? Could I make it funny? (No.) Is this tender or just trite? (Just trite.)

A futile last ditch search for material that leaves me sounding crazier than I care to admit. WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE JUST SAY OR DO SOMETHING FUNNY SO THAT I CAN WRITE IT DOWN?

Despite my best efforts, I've got nothing. And yet... in that nothing, I have at last a little something. A very little something, but I'll take it.

5 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Been suffering from the same disease for a while now. I could enjoy the company down here in this less than inspired landscape...

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

Oh, yeah. Got a lot of that going on here as well. I think Kristy's onto something. This might be a contagious disease.

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Suburban Hippie said...

Good Christ, this thing must be contagious! Because I just now was lying awake in bed thinking "Shit, I haven't got a damned thing I care to write about." Bloody hell. Well, tomorrow's another day.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger jordan said...

right there with ya. and i'm living in freakin' germany for god's sake. not even the new-and-interesting european things are interesting enough to write about anymore.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Me too, although I don't have the sense not to post my drivel. It's right out there for the world to read. Right down to the last inane detail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home