ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Further proof that what's fascinating to a 4 year old is less than riveting to the rest of the world

Julia's last day of school was today. In honor of the "occasion," today's post comes from her. Here are her thoughts and reflections (dictated, with the occasional subject prompt from me) about school and the things she hopes to remember about this year.

School was good because I liked my teachers. I liked them because they give us fairy dust and we do messy art projects with them. Do you know what my favorite messy art project is? My favorite messy art project is doing the shaving cream like I did today.

And I liked school because I had fun. I liked to have fun with Morgan and Abby and Brianna. We all played together. We did flip downs with Brianna and Morgan, but Abby was scared. When I went on the playground, I liked to do things to find Jake in Pre-K. I like doing our balance beam thing with Abby.

I liked going to lunch at school. I liked to do bubbles and the obstacle course at Enrichment. I liked to play with Abby with blocks and build a Princess castle. When it was the third day of the school year, I used to hide from the Monsters (Matthew and Maxwell) with Brianna in our special spots.

My favorite snack was the snack we had today: chocolate cupcakes. We had chocolate cupcakes because it was Jack's birthday. My favorite song was the snowman song (it's kind of not the weather for snowman songs, though). My favorite art project was the Life Cycle of a Flower and the Life Cycle of a Butterfly. My favorite holiday was Purim because I liked the castle we built at school. My favorite thing to do at school was read the bumblebee book with Abby (the one the Pre-K made). My favorite job was calendar.

I hope I'll have a good time swimming this summer at the temple. I hope when I'm in Pre-K, I can read the bumblebee book again with Brianna.

The End

First Day of School

Last Day of School



















Talk about growing up before my eyes...

7 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Last day...awww. But I loved her post - she is so much fun!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Where to start?

The pictures...gosh! You are right...right before your eyes (and mine, too). And that hair -- how could it have POSSIBLY lost its curl? I'm still in shock over that one.

But mostly -- when are you going to hand Julia her own blog. Cause I'm ready to read it...

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Steph said...

What a sweetie pie she is! So cute! And yes, she is growing up before all of our eyes. I can't believe how grown up she looks, and I can't believe the straight hair either. I loved the post! :)

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Great post, Julia! And OMG, she's grown up so much this year!!! I can't wait to see her!

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took my breath away to see the before and after pics! I thought they slowed down a little!!!

Great likes about school!! Too cute!

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Julia resembles you in the picture of her last day at school. The likeness between this photo and ones taken of you at the same age is uncanny.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

Gosh she looks so much older in he end-of-year picture! It sounds like she had a terrific year, and is planning lots of fun to come. You go, Julia!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home