ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I get many things out of my relationship with my daughter, but I'm clearly going to need to look elsewhere if I want support for my self esteem issues

"You need to start thinking about what you're going to do in the talent show, Mommy."

"Me? Can't I just be the audience?"

"No. You have to be in the show and do all the things that you're good at."

"Hmmm. I'm not sure I have any talents."

"Sure you do."

"Really? Like what?"

"Uh... cleaning up? You're really good at cleaning up! Here... I'll make a mess and you can clean it up and that will be your talent."

5 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I really *am* laughing out loud. That's a talent of yours, too...

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Steph said...

I'm with Kristy. Too funny. :)

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heheh awwwwww, I think sadly that would be one of my greatest talents too through the eyes of a kid!!!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Suburban Hippie said...

Oh boy, it's always a hoot seeing ourselves through their eyes! On a day when the boys were acting up particularly, Sam mentioned something in passing about someone who was "a mad Mommy, like you." OUCH. I think every Mommy is good at cleaning up -- better than anyone else in the household, always!

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

At least you get to be good at cleaning up. My older son announced once that "his shoes" made a mess in the living room and we should "wait for Daddy to come home and use the vacuum..." ! As if I don't clean up after all 4 of them (Daddy included!) every day. I was so insulted... *grin*

So...what *will* you do in the show, Rebecca? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home