ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Limbo

London is on. London is off. London could be on. London could be off. It is now in the hands of faceless executives -- higher up mucky mucks who have no knowledge of my family (or even my husband) -- whether London will be on or off. Pack your bags! We'll never end up doing this. Call a realtor! This might be a long shot. This could easily happen! Nothing is ever easy. Run! Walk! Stop! Go! Yes! No! Maybe?

If this is my crash course in the "go with the flow" attitude required to live overseas, then I'm honestly not quite sure which way I hope this all pans out in the end.

5 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I'm not sure if there's any worse sentiment than uncertainty. In my book, disappointment even scores above uncertainty. Too bad they don't make crystal balls like they used to...

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Steph said...

I'm with Kristy. Uncertainty is the worst. I hope that a decision one way or the other is made soon!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Dan said...

The same thing happened when we were trying to put things together for Germany last fall. Utterly frustrating. You are right; this is just the first of many things over which you will have little or no control over the next couple of years if this happens. I had many sleepless nights in the months leading up to our assignment – but in the end it was all worth it. When everything works out, it will be worth it for you too.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Ack! The see-saw! Eek! Hang in there.

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so hard to be in limbo. You could take this time to uber clean and purge the place of things that are no longer in use. Freecycle is cool, you post what you want to get rid of and someone will come and get it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home