ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Friday, August 05, 2005

The reason I'm glad July is over




Evan's front teeth still aren't in enough to photograph, so I guess all I have to show for a few sleepless weeks is a brand spankin' new kitchen. Guess it was worth it after all. But that backsplash (or lack thereof)? It may stay tile-less forever. I just don't have the energy to invite more workman chaos into my home right now. We're big fans of the unfinished look. Goes well with cherry and granite, don't you think?

5 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Very nice! I am oh so jealous of the newly remodeled kitchen. Who needs backsplash anyways? I say wait till school starts up and have them come when you can be out of the house for an extended period of time :)

Enjoy the kitchen! It's beautiful!

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebecca, you are still just as remarkable as I remember! Your kitchen looks fantastic. Enjoy!!!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

It's beautiful! Tell you what -- I'll somehow slice out my backsplash, festooned with amateurishly painted enormous coffee cops, and send it to you. No muss, no fuss. A few nails and there you go!

(You'd think that after 5 years of owning this house, we'd have gotten rid of the backsplash. Perhaps when we get rid of the pre-existing Mickey Mouse wallpaper in the bathroom....)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Kristy said...

My turn to "ooh and ahh" -- I was wondering when you'd post some pics! Now, about that backsplash...unfinished details have a nasty little habit of remaining unfishished. Be careful! My shoe molding remained un-tacked for 6 months. Shoe molding! And that took all of 30 minutes to complete, when I got around to it!

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! and you can't even tell from the pics that it's not done ;) Seriously it looks worth the lost naps :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home