ministones

The things that will never make it in the baby books and other musings from a stay at home mom

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tripping on Orapred

I'd like to chalk this one up to lack of sleep, but all of the excuses in the world wouldn't begin to make me look anything other than crazy here. I actually just caught myself trying to coerce Evan to take his oral steroids by saying "Come on, honey. It'll be fun. You'll get high."

This will probably dispel any illusions about my superior parenting skills quite efficiently. With a mother like me, who needs drug dealers? I guess I'm just a better mother at 4 a.m. than at 6 p.m.

5 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger chichimama said...

I heard the original comment and I'm still laughing my ass off reading it.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

That is truly hilarous!

 
At 3:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebecca, every once in a while you just knock one out of the park. Thanks for making my night! Damn skippy. Everyone loves to get high -- think why every kid on earth figures out how to make him/herself dizzy.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Susan D. said...

So, if the steroid might get the kiddo high, might it also get his mommy high? Things that make you go hmmm....

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

Too funny!

One of our ferrets is on Orapred. At first I had to force it down him, but know he's knocking over the bottle trying to get to it. Apparently all mammals like to get high. Thank you for explaining Bobo's odd behavior :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home